If you are going out for some months or have a car that you do not use, it is wise to keep your car at a self storage unit. Self storage facilities will keep your car safe from environmental threats, as well as, threats from car thieves and plunderers. However, if you are storing your car in a self storage unit, here are a few things that you should keep in mind –
- Get your car serviced and ensure that it is in a proper condition.
- Check the registration and insurance of your vehicle before storing it in a New York storage unit as you are not legally entitled to store a vehicle without a registration and insurance.
- Thoroughly clean the car to ensure that there is no dirt or dust or moisture left. After cleaning the vehicle, apply a coating of wax or polish so as to protect your car from rusting.
- Remove the used engine oil and replace it with new oil as old engine oil can cause rusting of the engine.
- When storing the vehicle, ensure that the gas tank is full as air in the gas tank can lead to corrosion.
- Check the brakes and any signs of leakage and check the air in the tires.
Keep these tips in mind and keep your car safe in the storage facility.