Most people are skeptical about the security of their self storage unit. Since storage is a big issue among people, this has led to the mushrooming of numerous self storage units in every neighborhood. Security of your belongings should be your first priority when you are thinking of keeping your belongings at a self storage unit. Here are some security options that your should look in a self storage facility –
- Check if the self storage facility has CCTV cameras in every corridor and individual unit. Ensure that they work as well.
- Make sure that the Manhattan storage unit where you are thinking of keeping your belongings has armed guards that keep vigilance round the clock.
- Every storage facility must have an alarm system which is linked to the local police station. In addition, each unit must also have alarm systems that are connected with the main alarm.
- A good storage facility should allow access to only the users or someone who is officially authorized on their behalf to access their storage space. The storage facility that you choose should not give access to any unauthorized person.
- Smart cards, keyless locks, and intercom systems are some of the other options that you should look for.
Keep these security options in mind and keep your belongings safe always.