Are you planning to move to a new location? Is the idea of movement giving you jitters while thinking that you may miss out many essential aspects? Stop worrying! With some effective moving tips to be followed before moving you can assure yourself a smooth movement.
- Connecting your internet in advance is necessary because living in a new house without internet can be very frustrating and inconvenient.
- Disconnect the energy in the previous tenants’ name and reconnect it in your own name. It’s important just before you move so that the previous tenants won’t be charged for your energy usage and vice versa.
- Keep a plan ready for your young children and pets. Decide in advance what they will do on the day. A friend or family member can help out so that you can focus on organizing the move.
- Update your friends and relatives with your latest address and new phone number so that important people in your life can contact you when you start living at your new residence.
- An unpacking box containing allen keys, any tools you might need to construct furniture, labelled ziplock bags with screws from furniture you dismantled in the move, scissors, screwdrivers, masking tape, dust cloths and glue, should be the first box to be packed.
Moving an entire household can be a difficult task. Where do you even start? With the above mentioned checklist and a professional help from renowned NYC movers you can organize your movement well.