Storing your belongings at a self storage facility is a good decision as it allows you to have more space at your home. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind before booking a storage space and keeping your belongings there –
- Always ensure that the equipment, machinery or appliances that you are storing are thoroughly cleaned as unclean appliances will result in the growth of mold and other harmful bacteria and insects.
- Make sure that the boxes are labeled so that you do not have to search the whole lot when you have to take something out.
- If you are using cardboard boxes for storing your belongings, make sure that their bottom is secured with a good tape.
- Ensure that the containers and boxes are clean and free of any type of debris to avoid insect growth.
- Wrap delicate and precious items in bubble wrap to ensure that they do not get damaged either during the transit or through friction at the New York self storage facility.
Keep these tips in mind and ensure the safety of your belongings.